Stuart Bathurst believe that good career guidance is about raising aspirations and aiming high. We aim to open doors for our pupils by providing them with a good careers programme that meets the “8 Gatsby benchmarks”. These benchmarks have been accepted as best practice by schools, colleges and employers across the country.
We evaluate our progress against the “8 Benchmarks” using the “Compass Tool” which is a self-audit tool created by Gatsby and The Careers & Enterprise Company. This helps us to plan for future development as we work towards the “Quality Mark” for Careers.
- For information on the Labour market click here
- Mr T Walsh is the SLT member of staff with responsibility for Careers
- Mr S Summers is the dedicated Careers Leader for the school
- The Governor who oversees careers is Mr A Campbell
- Work experience is divided by Mrs S Newell (Year 10) and Miss J Meacham (Year 12). Assisted by Mrs J Holder.
- firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- The dedicated Connexions advisers are Mrs E Dixon-Reid firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms T Woodhouse email@example.com